The British Council in Botswana offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic - paper-based and computer-delivered test||BWP 3200||Book now
|IELTS General Training - paper-based and computer-delivered test||BWP 3200||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||BWP 3300||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||BWP 2215.5||Book now
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID passport or national ID card at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our information for candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer or cash deposit. In the Reference section of your payment please write: Your ORS reference number, it is a 15 digit number that starts with "ZW" that was generated on completion of your online application form. Please make your registration payment to this account: Account name: British Council Bank Name: Standard Chartered Bank Branch Name: Hemamo Branch Code: 66 27 67 Type of Account: Current Account number: 0100176604300
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt with the rest of your registration documents to IELTS.Exams@britishcouncil.org.bw
Once your booking is complete, you will receive the following emails:
- Registration confirmation five days before the test day giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
- Speaking test confirmation. Please note: the speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
- Road to IELTS access code, that will allow you to make unlimited use of our free online preparation resources to get ready for your IELTS test.
- IELTS Reference Number, that will give you access to the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.