Why choose this course?
Developed collaboratively by the University of Southampton and the British Council, it offers postgraduate- level study in key areas of current theory and practice in applied linguistics and English language teaching.
- This course makes use of the latest developments in technological design and is delivered by an experienced team of e-tutors through an online distance-learning environment.Students engage in online discussion and use interactive multimedia course materials including lectures and podcasts by internationally renowned staff from the University of Southampton.
- Students have access to the University library and its stock of e-books and journals online.
- The programme structure involves two years of taught assessed modules and a final semester spent undertaking research and writing a dissertation. Take this course and you will:
- Take part in online discussions with internationally renowned staff from the University of Southampton Learn through using interactive multimedia course materials including lectures and podcasts Have access to the University library and its stock of e-books and journals online
- Gain the skills and knowledge you need to take on leadership roles in ELT
Find out more or contact us at MastersELTonline@britishcouncil.org
“The MA in ELT: online prepares you during four semesters with ideas to identify your area of interest which in my case was developing the speaking skill of my students. The programme fulfilled my dream of studying in a prestigious British University.”
Kenya Melissa Hernández Trejo, MA in ELT graduate, 2015.